I've always heard that kids say the darnedest things and have found that to be true, especially in the last few weeks. Many of them seem to be from the backseat when Shree or I am driving. For example, we were coming back from McDonald's the other night and I hear this question from the back seat, "Mommy, what are you going to be when you grow up?" Of course, he was a bit confused when we ripped out in a fit of giggles. But in his defense, it shows he is thinking, and that's a good thing.
The state fair is here this week, and we went this past Saturday. It was more crowded than last year, so after a while, we decided we'd had enough of trying to get here and there around all those people and left. We pass Arby's on the way home from the fairgrounds and Daddy decides it's as good a place as any to stop for lunch. Fine with me, that's for sure. As we were leaving, I noticed the ad sign on the wall for the chocolate turn-overs and remembered that I'd meant to get one. Shree asked if I wanted him to go back and get me one for later, but I decided I'd wait until next time. I didn't think Shaun was even paying attention.
We get Shaun loaded up in the car and pull out of the parking lot. This is the conversation that happened next:
Shaun: "Daddy, how 'bout we do this?" Pause for affect. "Let's take Mommy and pour chocolate syrup all over her. Then we'll turn her over and that way Mommy can be a chocolate turn-over."
Muffled giggles from me and Shree as I am visualizing myself covered in chocolate syrup at the hands of my six-year-old. Then one last comment:
Shaun: "Oh yeah, and Daddy, you can put a cherry on top if you wanted to."
So there you have it. In my career as Shaun's "Super-Hero Moo-Moo," I am now a chocolate turn-over too. Yumm.
And in the meantime, I will ponder on what it is that I want to be when I grow up.
Signing out, at least for now, as Super-Hero Moo-Moo Chocolate Turn-Over.
No comments:
Post a Comment