Thanksgiving 2011
This morning, as I was putting a spiral ham in the oven. Shaun came in and observed the process with great interest, noting each detail as I wrapped it in aluminum foil and glazed it. I usually use my toaster oven for baking, but this dude just wouldn't fit inside it (I tried several positions with no luck), so, into the BIG oven (that I seldom use) it went. Later, Shaun came back in the kitchen to check out what was smelling so good, looked into an empty toaster oven and asked, "Mommy, where'd the big chicken go? What did you do with it?" So, if anyone asks what did we have for T-giving, I answer, with a big smile, "A spiral cut BIG CHICKEN."
Later, I asked Shaun if he'd gotten enough to eat and he answered, "Oh yeahhhh, but the big chicken was the bestest."
Shaun has been quite curious about various types of relationships and people's ages, and well - people in general. It's as if he is trying to sort it all out in his mind somehow. After dinner, everyone was sitting around discussing this and that, catching up on time and distances. Shaun decided to contribute to the conversation, and asked, "Uncle Stanley, do you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or anything like that?" We all giggled, but not to be outdone, Uncle Stanley answered, "Yep, got two of each." Shaun stopped to look bewildered for a moment before continuing, "Where do you keep them?"
Shaun has been quite curious about various types of relationships and people's ages, and well - people in general. It's as if he is trying to sort it all out in his mind somehow. After dinner, everyone was sitting around discussing this and that, catching up on time and distances. Shaun decided to contribute to the conversation, and asked, "Uncle Stanley, do you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or anything like that?" We all giggled, but not to be outdone, Uncle Stanley answered, "Yep, got two of each." Shaun stopped to look bewildered for a moment before continuing, "Where do you keep them?"
And to think, with all this live entertainment, we still pay for cable.
...
No comments:
Post a Comment