Years ago (has it been that long?), a friend suggested I do a section of my weekly emailed newsletter (which started the whole process of becoming an editor) about "a day in the life of..." At first, I thought it was a crazy thing to do and no one would want to read it except close friends and family. Why? I was living in Singapore. Not as a tourist, in the center of town, but where the local Singapore people lived, ate, worked, etc. It was an experience that many of my friends found amusing and some found to be in the "oh gawd, you're kidding" category. But nonetheless, it did become the most favorite part of my emails and when it was lacking, complaints were made wanting to know where the funny stories were. Also at that time (pre-editor period) that a magazine publisher in Canada that I'd been writing for said, "Kathy, you should do a blog." Blog? I asked, what for? So, here I am, although years later than the suggestion was made, beginning a blog. Whoo-hoo!
Why now? You may wonder. Well, I'll take a brief moment to briefly explain. I am not really one to go into much detail about my personal life, so I won't go there now, but will add that after many weeks of heavy therapy and four surgeries in the past two years I have gotten to where I am now. Which is, you may ask? Well, not one to take anything sitting (or lying) down, I am a fighter. I refuse to accept that this is as good as it is going to get and so I trudge on.
But the biggest reason is: I have a 5 year old son. Just in case - I want to leave something behind that will allow him to at least get to know his mother a little bit, just in case it's the only way he can learn it. I've been told by my readers that I have a "warm" way of expressing my words and hope that, perhaps, someone else can get some enjoyment from it too, along the way, and also, maybe encourage someone else facing hard times in their (health) life that determination can get you going on your way. It may not get you where you want to be totally, but it will help you go in the right direction. So, with all this said, let us begin - a day in the life....my life, as I have experienced it.

No comments:
Post a Comment