I came to Singapore in October of 1999. I had never flown before, much less traveled out of the country, so this was a HUGE experience for me. Singapore is beautiful - orchids grow wild here. We lived near the MRT exchange of Jurong East. The photo shown here is the section of Singapore that you'd see as a tourist and is referred to as "downtown" Singapore, the section between the MRT stops of City Hall and Raffles Place. The lighted areas you see are the restaurants lining the boat quays.
< This is where we lived. I walked across this field to get to the MRT. Many times it was full of birds doing whatever birds do when I passed through. This area was beautiful and I learned my way around Singapore from here.
The next photo is a view of Jurong East from the top of the JTC building.
We lived in two different "flats" in the same area until around 2003 when we shifted to Tampines, which was nearer to the airport, where Shree's NuWater project was located. By the time we moved to Tampines, I was preparing to come to U.S. to file Shree's papers, so I only shared that particular location with him a short time. It was from there he immigrated to U.S., in January 2004, where I was waiting for him. However beautiful our Tampines flat was, my fondest memories of Singapore were from Jurong East, where we met.


No comments:
Post a Comment